MARKETING PROMOTION IDEAS FOR JUNE
Do you struggle to find fresh, engaging ideas for your marketing campaigns? I think we all find it difficult - especially when we’re juggling a number of different hats in our business and don’t always have the time and space to be creative.
The way I solve this particular problem is to check which events are taking place that month. Then hone in on two or three ideas which I think will resonate with my client base, and create content around these themes.
KEY MARKETING DATES IN JUNE
There are a number of events taking place in June which I hope will give you lots of ideas for your own seasonal promotional activities. These include:
- 1 June – Fish and Chips Day
- 5 June - World Environment Day
- 9 June – World Gin Day
- 10 June – Iced Tea Day
- 14 June – Cupcake Day
- 17 June - Father Day
- 20 June – World Refugee Day
- 21 June - First Day of Summer
- 22 June – Take Your Dog To Work Day
You’ll find a full list of awareness days here.
IN THE WORLD OF SPORT
- The NBA Finals take place between 31 May and 17 June.
- The World Cup runs between 14 June and 15 July.
- The French Open runs from 21 May and 10 June.
DID YOU KNOW?
- National Picnic Week runs from 15 June.
- June is Gay Pride month with events taking place around the globe.
- The Wildlife Trust is running 30 Days Wild throughout the month of June and workplaces are encouraged to join in.
- Wimbledon starts on 2 July.
- Schools break up in the UK on 23 July.
WHAT'S HAPPENING CLOSER TO HOME?
In Sussex where I live, a number of events are taking place which all offer great talking points:
- The Chichester Festival Of Flowers runs from 31 May to 2 June
- The Great British Gin Festival is hosting events across the UK, and will be coming to Chichester on Saturday, 9 June.
- And looking forward to July, we have the Petworth Festival.
[callout]To find out how I can help with your business scale up strategy, you can download my brochure with details of my business coaching and mentoring services HERE. Alternatively, if you’d prefer to talk to me directly, simply e-mail me to arrange a ‘coffee chat.’[/callout]
FOUR JUNE PROMOTIONAL IDEAS
World Environment Day On 5 June
Offer discounts on environmentally friendly products and services and/ or donate the proceeds of your sales to a conservation, restoration, or eco-community project.
Father’s Day On 17 June
Put together a Father’s Day gift basket to make it easy to shop for dad, for example:
- A fitness class package – offer a deal on 10 classes just for Dads
- A gift card for your restaurant with a bottle from a local distillery or winery
- A gift basket of men’s grooming products at your spa or salons.
- Daddy and Me classes
First Day Of Summer On 21 June
The extra hours of daylight mean you can keep your business open for longer on this one day. Offer extended store hours, and, if you can, team up with other local businesses to stay open late. By teaming up with other local businesses, you’ll create more of a buzz together and encourage your community to shop at local businesses.
LGBT Pride Month
Show your pride in June by letting the local LGBT community know you support them. Contact local LGBT community organizations to let them know that you’re a supporter and encourage community members to shop at your LGBT friendly business. Use social media to tweet about local LGBT events and attend your local Pride parade.
IDEAS FOR YOUR BLOG
- Father’s Day Gifts He’ll Love
- What Makes Your Dad Special
- How To Host A World Cup Viewing Party
- How To Have A Picnic To Remember This Summer
- The Perfect Picnic Wish List
- Cheers To The Great British Summer
- A Summer Survival Guide For [Your Industry]
- How To Host A Wimbledon Party
A FEW SOCIAL MEDIA IDEAS...
- Create a carousel of photos on Facebook to promote your products.
- Organise an office picnic and share on social media
- Share your LGBT Pride photos and tweet about local events
- Share your first day of summer pictures
- Run A Bring Your Dog To Work Instagram contest
June offers so many opportunities to get creative with your marketing and make engaging content for your customers. Deciding on two or three key marketing themes to focus on in June will make the task so much easier!
Question: Which of these June marketing ideas are you going to action? I love reading your feedback so please do take a moment to share let me know in the comments box below.
EXPLORE THESE ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
Did you miss?
- How Royal Wedding Florist Philippa Craddock Built Her Business
- Why The Royal Wedding Was A Marketing & PR Masterclass
- How Royal Wedding Baker Claire Ptak Built Violet Bakery
- How To Run A Summer Marketing Campaign Like The White Company
If it's your first time here, you may also want to check out the resources I've curated to help you grow your business. These include some of my most popular content.
TO WORK WITH DENYSE
To start a conversation about whether we’re a good fit to work together:
- Either download my brochure with details of my business consulting and executive coaching services.
- Or simply e-mail me to arrange a coffee chat wherever suits you best – your office, her office, Hotel du Vin or virtually.
There’s no hard sell. Just solid advice and a straightforward, honest assessment of whether our services would be right for you.