WELCOME TO MY WEBSITE MAKEOVER
My website makeover is live! I cannot tell you how excited and relieved I am to say this. This project has been in the planning for many months as I’ve worked with a graphic designer, photographer and web developer to get the look I wanted.
As with any website project, it’s a work in progress. There are still lots of changes to make. But I’d reached that point where I wanted to get my re-brand out into the world. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be making final changes. But for now, I’d love you to enjoy exploring the abundance of resources I’ve created for you.
Without further ado, I’m delighted to walk you around the new website for Built to Succeed. Would you like a tour?
Let’s Start With The Theme
I’ve been blogging here since 2015. While my focus has changed along the way, one thing remained the same. I’m the one who has primarily handled the look and layout of the site. But I knew it was time to up my game. And that meant a thorough and professional overhaul.
I didn’t want to change my theme however. The Get Noticed! Theme™ for WordPress has a lot of features and functionality, and was specifically designed for writers and platform builders like me. I decided to work with what I had, and invest my budget in professional graphic design and high quality photography.
The All Important Header Image
The header image is the prime piece of real estate on any website. And as a hero image, its job is to convey your brand essence at a glance. Everything about my image is intentional, intended to be both professional and personal, while communicating my brand essence.
- I’m wearing a navy blue dress, which not only is one of my brand colours, but is typical of an outfit I used to wear as a CEO. I wear this dress to business events, client meetings, and speaking engagements. The jewellery, in my brand colours, is more informal and softer than I’d have worn to work as a CEO. But it’s intended to convey the sense that I’m approachable, and is more typical of my natural style.
- I’m positioned next to the BBC as a direct reference to PR campaigns I’ve run. You'll also notice that I’ve cited some of the media outlets where I’ve been featured – The Guardian, The Telegraph as well as the BBC.
- The BBC shares the same brand archetype as me – the Sage – and I wanted to reference this. The Sage archetype is regarded as expert, credible, wise, intelligent, confident, self-contained, reflective and professional. In putting together the resources on this website, my aim, like that of the BBC, is to gather and analyse business and leadership related information to make it useful to you; contribute useful resources for building a business; and share the expertise I built up as A CEO.
- My strapline ‘Business Advice You Can Trust’ is deliberate. As a former CEO, I wanted to clearly differentiate myself from others in my industry whose credentials, quality or performance I've found to be suspect.
[callout]I’m hosting my first weekly Facebook Live Show on Wednesday, 20th September at 7:00 pm GMT. To kick off the show, I’ll be talking about my own business journey and some of the mistakes I made along the way. And more importantly how you can avoid these. I’d love for you to join me, either Live or for the replay.[/callout]
New Categories For Easier Navigation
My homepage is pretty epic, I know. My aim is, that by creating new categories, you’ll find it much easier to access the resources you’re looking for. – whether that’s articles on building a brand, musings on leadership or advice on starting a business, sales, marketing and mastering the all-important financials. Please bear with me whilst I re-categorise the hundreds of articles on this site. It's going to take me a while to get this done! New Sections
My portfolio of services is outlined in ‘Work With Me,’ and I describe each of my services in more detail in separate pages titled:
I’ve added a new section with my most commonly asked questions to make sure that you get the answers you’re looking for quickly.
I’ve re-written my ‘About’ page to explain my business story with, I hope, greater clarity. And updated my brand values to better encapsulate my mission: Do Good. Make Money. Change The World.
I’m in the process of adding a contact form to make it easier for you to get in touch with me.
A Very Big Thank You
I’m so happy with how this has all come together and need to say an enormous thank you to those who have been as committed to getting this looking right as I was.
- Graphic Design - Triston Robinson
- Web Development and SEO Advice – Dominic Huxley of Huxley Digital
- Photography – Amanda Clarke Photography
And to my lovely business buddy and friend, Hilary Robinson of Polished Professionals who helped so much behind the scenes, looking through photos and design concepts, and giving me her feedback.
Thank you so much for the time and care you took to bring my vision to life.
Join The Conversation
Question: What's your take on the new design? I love reading your feedback so please do take a moment to share let me know in the comments box below.
Explore These Additional Resources
Did you miss?
- The Story Of How I Started My Business - Part 1
- The Story Of How I Started My Business - Part 2
- 7 Business Lessons From My Years As A CEO
- The Origins Of My Brand Values
Work With Me
I’m Denyse Whillier, a Sussex and London based business coach and consultant. I work with responsible business leaders to build profitable and successful brands that do good, make money and help to change the world. I draw on Built To Succeed™, my proven success system, developed during my 8 years in the trenches as a CEO, to help my clients to achieve their goals.
I’d love to start a conversation about whether we’re a good fit to work together. Simply use this link to arrange an informal Skype coffee chat. There’s no hard sell. Just solid advice and a straightforward, honest assessment of whether 1:1 business coaching (or business consultancy) would be right for you.